Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I Survived!

Well, I made it back! Hallelujah!

Columbus was a lot of fun and we all had a good time. Our hotel ended up being about 6 blocks from the convention center/arena and we walked to church. So that killed our feet. On Thursday I wore my heels to church but carried my flip flops in my purse for the walk home. I noticed it wasn't too cheesy cause a couple of our girls did it the next night too.

We got to do a little sightseeing while we were there. We visited Greater Ice Cream and watched how they make it. The concept was the same as how we make homemade ice cream - salt and ice - only they have huge machines to do it. Their claim for charging so much for it is that they don't whip in a lot of air like other companies - when you buy a gallon of their ice cream you get all ice cream and no air. It was heavy, so maybe there is something to their claim.

The chaperones all wore t-shirts on Sunday night to church that said "I Survived Youth Congress 2005." I think it makes it sound worse than it really was. We had very little sleep and got up early most of the days.

The twins survived quite nicely - they stayed with mom and she took them to Grant's Farm on Wednesday and Lisa, Kaitlyn, Wendy, Rachel and Hannah took them to 6 Flags on Thursday. They had never been before and have been begging me all summer to take them. They had a blast and hardly missed dear 'ol mom and dad.

No comments: