Friday, December 08, 2006

Happy Holidays!!!!

We got our power back on Monday evening about 9:00. We were out for 96 hours, but who's counting. LOL I was just so thankful to have my house back. I could have kissed the linemen working that night, I was just so happy.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Our church has a newsletter that is put out quarterly. For the first time, I was asked to write something for it. I was supposed to write a couple sentences about my favorite Christmas memory and since I had to take the time to write it anyway, I figured I would share with ya'll.


I don’t really have a memory of one specific Christmas. I guess I just lump them together so that my favorite memory of Christmas is "tradition." Every year on Christmas night, we gather all the kids and adults together and someone reads the Christmas story. We take time to reflect on Jesus – the Reason for the Season – and past Christmases remembering loved one’s who have gone "home" and be thankful for another year together.
PPPPPPPPPP

I skipped the T13 again. I just can't stand the pressure of doing that every week. So no more apology's - if I do it, I do it. If I don't, I don't. *whew* that was liberating. LOL

Tonight I have to meet a girl at 7 to practice for our Christmas program. After that the rest of the night, what's left of it, is mine. I hope to get a little scrapping done maybe tonight. No major expectations though.

As for the rest of the weekend....Tomorrow we are moving my FIL. He's getting out of the house in the crack, getto neighborhood and moving to a safer environment. I'm really glad about that but it's been hard for him to pack up his belongings and get rid of stuff. He's a collector - of junk - and he's moving from 20+ years in his home to a 2 bedroom apartment. *sigh* He's also beyond the stage of wanting to make decisions about new things. The routine is fine, but don't ask him to change anything...he don't want to deal with it. He's still fully able to, he would rather not. And then Sunday is church with some additional Christmas Program practice times thrown in. Yuck!!!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I totally feel ya on the thirteen thing....everytime it comes around I can't think of a good topic or time to post. and good luck with your church stuff....we've got skit practice sunday too....no rest for the weary. have a good one!

Cami said...

Glad you guys finally regained power. Sounds like you have alot going on. Happy Holiday Season to you!

Lori Petticrew said...

happy birthday becky....today is 12-12