Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Altered Puzzle

Ever have one of those things that just make you smile? Well, this is one of those things. It started out as a wild-hair idea and ended up a really cool piece of art.

Earlier this year I participated in a CJ with some ladies at SJ. I wanted to do something unique with it so I had them help me alter a puzzle. (
Here is my original blog post about it.)

I wanted it to be for a wall in my scrapspace. So, I sent the 2 center pieces painted the color of my wall, altered 2 of my own and packaged the whole thing up, minus the frame, and sent it along with my CJ. This past weekend it was finally completed and returned to me and this is what I got:






I am so loving it. I still need to alter the 2 pices not touched by the CJ ladies and the 2 center pieces and then figure out the best way to display it and it'll be done. But when I look at it, it definitely makes me smile.




Thank you Summer Jazz Journal ladies.


I can't believe that Christmas is just 5 short days away. It really has snuck up on me this year. Excep for a few stocking stuffers for Mike I am done shopping for gifts. I do need to do the grocery shopping yet but I don't have my list together yet - gotta do that first.

I feel so thrifty this year, making a lot of presents. I don't know if I actually saved any money or not, but I did use some of my scrapping stash to make some of the things so I guess that counts.

Gotta get back to work. Peace out!

1 comment:

Nancyroo said...

I definitely looks cool all put together! So glad it's finally home!