Monday, November 27, 2006

The status of my health has been questioned (thanks Denise) so I wanted to be sure to check in today to let you all know that I am alive and well. I have been so swamped that I haven’t even spent much time at my favorite web site. Now, you know that’s busy!!!! The rundown goes like this….

Last Wednesday, the 22nd, I was merrily working away here at the office. Co-worker wasn’t in – she went on vacation for the second time in the entire 6 years she’s been here. I had some work and was taking my time with it since I figured that would have to last me all day. I was also working on my Thursday 13 (in a Word document just in case blogger got a wild hair) about things I was thankful for.

About 11:15 the boss started laying things on my desk telling me what to do with them. At 11:30, they left for lunch and told me to change the answering machine and that I could go for the day. I was thinking earlier that morning that they would probably tell me around 4ish that I could go home. So I abandoned my TT and got out of Dodge, so to speak.

Went home and cooked a turkey for a family at our church. The wife has cancer and some of the church made the fixin’s for turkey dinner for her family. Mike and I fixed a cheese ball and made some cookies and I got my turkey ready to go in the oven. I set my alarm for 3:30 a.m. and all I had to do was turn the oven on and put the turkey in so I wasn’t up for hours or anything. The smell of it woke me up about 8 though. Smelled yummy!!!

Lets see….Thursday was spent at my aunts. Had a wonderful day with family just being lazy and chatting with my cousins. Mike and I continue to rule the Cranium board. WOO HOO!!!!!


Friday, we rolled out of bed around 10:00 (I did want to get up and hit the early bird sales but I was too tired). I got several things that I really wanted though – so I would say it was a successful day.

Saturday morning we took some kids from our youth group – 24 of them – to the mall. They were great and I got a couple more items on my shopping list. That night I put up the Christmas tree in the living room. I had to rearrange the room of course, but it went up fairly quick.

Sunday, was church all day and that brings us to today. Been busy at work coming off the holiday. On top of that my boss is going to be out of the office tomorrow he wanted to be caught up with tomorrow’s diary before he left today.

This coming week should be pretty busy too – Monday through Friday is prayer meeting, more Christmas tree set up, church, sign language and choir practice.

Here’s my incomplete 13 things I’m thankful for:

1) Most importantly, I am so thankful for Jesus and His unconditional love. He is my peace, provider, joy, salvation and so much more. I can’t imagine my life without Him. My relationship with Him means more to me everyday.

2) I thank God for my husband. He is more wonderful than I could ever have hoped for. I so totally do not deserve him.

3) I am thankful for my boys. They light up our house with so much joy. What fun we have together. When they are old with families of their own, I hope they remember the great times we’ve had. That they reminisce with lots of laughter about "back in the day..."

4) Even though I don’t like the fact that I have to work (since I really wanna be a SAHM), I am thankful that I have a job to go to. There are many people I see on the streets that are begging for a little change and it does make me thankful that I have income and am able to help provide for our family.

5) I am thankful for my senses. I fear loosing my vision. Not that I am having problems with my eyes, but my favorite Aunt lost her vision due to diabetes. That left an impression on me. I am thankful that I can see the beauty around me, my children’s faces, my husband, etc.

6) I am thankful for my friends. How fun it is to have them.

7) I am thankful for my country and the freedom I have to do as I please.

Now that the serious stuff is out of the way…

8) I am thankful for chocolate. That is one truly happy food. Hot Fudge, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, regular Chocolate, etc….

9) And then there’s Diet Coke. I crave that stuff.

That's as far as I got. I know I thought of some other things over the weekend but now I can't remember them. I hope to post some pictures tomorrow if I can remember to bring them to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha....glad to hear you're alive! Cranium rocks...its such a cool game. And the early bird shopping is totally not worth the lost sleep...trust me. You didn't miss much. LOL.

~Denise said...

Sounds like a full weekend.
omgosh, we played cranium (and other games) recently w/ some new friends and well, I fear no one will ever come back to our house to play games.... we keep winning. Come down here so C and I can have some competition finally!

Cami said...

wow! you have been busy! what great things you are doing tho for people in your community, that's awesome!
great list of what your thankful for :-)
oh and pretty tree!