Thursday, August 17, 2006

Have your ever found a dead body?

As I was listening to the radio this morning and getting ready for work, the morning DJ’s were asking if anyone had ever encountered a dead body. I must admit that after CSI took off, I have been on the lookout for one, especially on my way to work. I ride our local public transportation (kinda like an above ground subway) to work through East St. Louis (ESL), IL, which has a very high crime rate. I watch the ditches, fields and abandon areas for bodies.

I did encounter a body once, but not in ESL. I was driving the family home from visiting my FIL, it was between 10–11:00 p.m. A truck ran a stop sign and was coasting into my lane. I looked over at the driver to give him a dirty look as I passed by and his head was leaning back against the headrest and I could see a bullet hole in his temple. Mike and I were freaked out cause we didn’t know if he did it himself or if there was a person on the loose with a gun in the area. He was still alive and we called the police. By the time they got him to the hospital, he had died.
He was a young guy – in his late 20’s – and an entrepreneur and if I remember correctly he had gotten in an argument with his girlfriend and then shot himself.

That was a really wild experience. Very sad for the young man and his family too.



Here's a Quiz (stolen from Beth who stole it from Lori):


1. WHAT TIME DID YOU GET UP THIS MORNING? 6:20 a.m.
2. DIAMONDS OR PEARLS? Diamonds
3. WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT THE THEATER? Monsters, Inc. (yup, don’t go much)
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW? 24, CSI: Los Vegas and NY
5. WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST? Raspberry Yogurt
6. WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME? Eileen (after my Granny)

8. WHAT FOODS DO YOU DISLIKE? Brussel sprouts and asparagus
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHIP FLAVOR? I love chips and dip…plain ruffles with French Onion Dip or Nachos with cheese dip
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CD AT THE MOMENT? Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual Songs by Donnie McClurkin
11. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Chrysler Mini-Van
12. FAVORITE SANDWICH? Dill Chicken Salad on Cracked Wheat Bread from Edible Difference (it has grapes in it)
13. CHARACTERISTIC THAT YOU DESPISE? Stupidity (is that a characteristic?)
14. FAVORITE ITEM(s) OF CLOTHING? Sweatpants
15. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO? Paris, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, some Islands (shoot, I'll go wherever - LOL)
16. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHROOM? White (boring)
17. FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING? Whatever is on sale, usually. I don’t really have a favorite.
18. TO WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE? Somewhere warm – Arizona maybe, New Mexico, Cali…don’t really know.

19. WHAT WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY? I guess my 16th – had a weird Chinese party at a Greek restaurant (long story)
20. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? None…I refuse to watch.
21. GOAL YOU HAVE FOR YOURSELF? Lose some weight!!!! Be a better mommy and wife
22. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? December 12
23. WHEN IS YOUR ANNIVERSARY? September 26
24. WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE? 8.5
25. PETS: One Dog – Rocky & One Cat – Maime
26. ANY NEW AND/OR EXCITING NEWS YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH US? Not really
27. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE? A bank teller
28. HOW ARE YOU TODAY? I have a stiff neck and I’m a little sleepy but other than that, I’m ok.
29. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY? Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
30. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Alstroemeria or peruvian lilly (not sure which one - feel free to correct me) These flowers last F.O.R.E.V.E.R.!!!
31. WHAT DAY ON THE CALENDAR ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO? I guess 9/4 (it’s a holiday, which means a day off of work)
32. WHERE IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE EVER BEEN FROM HOME? Jamaica

Have a great day. One more day till the weekend WOO HOO

1 comment:

Lori Petticrew said...

TECHNICALLY I LIFTED FROM GINA...
stole is a bad word...lmao