Monday, October 30, 2006

{The Weekend}

I've really had a different weekend than normal. Austen was sick on Friday with a sore throat and fever and we kept home from school. Saturday we had plans to go to P'ville for Mardi Gras. No, it's nothing like the one in New Orleans....it's a flea market downtown followed by a huge parade that night. It's like a City homecoming. Everyone comes home for Mardi Gras. You get to see old friends and catch up on life.
Anyway, Mike, who wasn't really excited to go anyway, got elected to stay home with him Saturday. I drove Nick, Nathen, my Mom and Chelle Saturday morning. I noticed Friday night, while watching the Cardinals kick some kitty butt, that I was getting a sore throat. I was really hoping to not miss out on going home. By the time I got home on Saturday evening I was really feeling bad. I ended up not going to church at all on Sunday, which is very unusual for me. I literally slept off and on all day. I would have thought it might have helped me get well faster but no sign of that happening yet. My nose is running like crazy. UGH!!!

Here are a couple of my favorites from this weekend....
This is the Pirate Jack....He's such a sweetie. He was riding a pony.














And me.....















I have this CJ I'm in...sorry SJ girls if you're reading this...that is about your hometown. I didn't really have any pictures of the town I grew up in. So this weekend I made the best of the opportunity of being home and took a bunch of pictures around town of the landmarks that haven't changed too much. Lots of memories. I still couldn't go out to my old house....I'm just not ready to see it. I thought about it for a while, but ended up in tears, so I figured it wasn't a good thing yet. There are so many changes since we sold it and I think I really don't want to see it in the new way. It would be like reading the final paragraph in that chapter of my life....I'm not ready for that to end so I'll leave it for a while longer.


Well, I guess that'll do it for the weekend update. My thoughts aren't very connected - sorry about that. I'll catch ya later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pirate! I hope you're feeling better for trick or treating. Happy Halloween!