Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Father's Day...


If you’re in a weepy mood, you better skip my blog - I’m feeling real melancholy today. I sent my sweet SJ friend, Carrie Lynn, a PM today asking how she was doing. She let me know that her dad has told them all goodbye and they are just waiting. This brought back so many memories for me of my own dad and his battle with cancer.
{cyber hugs to you Carrie Girl. Prayin' for ya!}


So since Father’s Day is right around the corner, I’ll commemorate my DAD.

I have many regrets when it comes to my dad. I never told him enough that I loved him. I didn’t remember all the stories he told me about my heritage. As a teenager I was ashamed of him cause he was so old. I never gave him enough hugs. I’ll never be able to ask him gardening questions. He never got to meet the twins – he would have had so much fun with them. Would he be proud of me? So many things…

It’s been 11 years. People say time heals all wounds. But you know it really doesn’t. It deadens them a little bit, you don’t dwell on them all the time, but it still hurts to this day that he’s gone. Sometimes I dream about him, that we’re doing things together, and he’ll be laughing. Those are the hardest days. It’s like having a brief moment with him and when I wake up I have to mourn all over again.

So, if
you’re still reading…and if you are able, hug your dad for me this week. Get pictures WITH him, talk to him, listen, ask questions – if you don't have a great relationship with him it may not be the most comfortable thing right now, but you won't never regret it.

Sorry about the downer girls, I just needed to say that - really missin' my dad today. I was trying to find something that would change the mood of today's post, but I'm coming up empty. I guess there's always tomorrow...

No comments: