Friday, June 09, 2006

FINALLY....

Good Grief!!!!! What is up with the net????? Yesterday it was the Jazz today it’s the blog machine. Please why can’t it all just work with me when I have nothing to do @work. Gosh (said is my best Napoleon impression).

Last day in the crazy rat race…

I can’t wait for FRIDAY to be over. I am sooo ready for the end of this week. If you’ve been reading about my crazy life, you know I volunteered to teach VBS this week (momentary insanity on my part). For my schedule that means I get home from work, pull in the driveway and everyone (DH and kids) pile in and we drive straight to church and I don’t get home till 9ish. They are feeding the kids dinner at VBS so that’s nice for them, but bad for me. Monday night was a blizzard for dinner. I finally got a real meal Wednesday night – went to Sonic Drive-Thru (now that's healthy). Anyway, last night was the last night and tonight we have a youth thing so Saturday is the next day I have for myself.

During the week, with all our spare time, we’ve been working on getting the pool set up and it’s ready now– HALLELUJAH!!!!! So guess where I’ll be on Saturday????? I’m going to be selfish with my weekend – I told my mom to encourage my cousins to NOT come over Saturday. I want the pool to myself. They will probably get to go today so, the fact is, they will get in it BEFORE ME!! How wrong is that? I guess it'll be ok though since they are watching my kids for me.

Last year when our office moved, one of the bosses gave Donna and I each a GC to a spa. Now, I’m not really into the spa thing and have shuffled it around so long that it almost expired. So I got a brilliant idea to give it to my friend Andrea. She LOVED it, of course. But as a thank you she got me this really cute speaker thing for my ipod. First of all, she didn’t have to do that, especially since I didn’t pay anything for it. It was a RAK that I re-RAKed, so to speak, and she KNEW it. But I love the speakers. It’s like a mini tripod and every leg of the tripod has a speaker in it. It’s so cute. Here’s a pic, isn't it cute?:



I changed my avatar on SJ today. I figured since everyone else could have what they consider handsome men, I could have me one too. ;-) I picked Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. What a bad boy. YMMMY!!!!!!


In April I went on a scrap weekend to the YMCA Lodge in Potosi, Missouri. I don’t think I’ve uploaded any of the LO’s I did there so that’s what you’re getting today. (I plan on taking a picture of the front of the Bronx Zoo before posting the rest of those pictures. ) These are Valentine Day LO’s.

I stole all the valentines from the boys and used my punch to cut them up. I totally lifted the idea. You can see the original by Julia Sandvoss at SJ called Love U. (Hope that link works, html is NOT my thing folks.) It's not done ~ it needs something more, but everything I try doesn't work. Either the color is off or something (IRL it is a lit pink with white dots but it looks purple here). If you have any ideas, pass them my way. I'm letting it sit for a bit hoping inspiration will come.
I'm trying to do more LO's with me, so this one I did of DH and I. The hearts and quotes on the right came pre-printed on the paper and since I'm at work, I have no idea what they say. The ONLY things I added were the black CS, the thing above the pic that says LOVE (it pulls out and I've journaled on it & put another picture of me on the back), and the ETERNITY tag at the bottom.

I'm sure you've seen these cool pockets to hold cards. I've always wanted to do something to save my cards so I did one for my Valentine cards this year. And YUP, that's some DOODLING. Don't be too shocked. LOL I know it's not a lot, and I wished I didn't do it, but...to late...maybe it would look better if I added more?

Anyways, that's all for this week folks. You know where I'll be this weekend so I'll write you on Monday about my beautiful tan. Please say a prayer for me that it doesn't rain!

Adios.

1 comment:

Always Faith said...

1st--my sympathies on the web issues...we're in the same boat!
2nd--i'm droolin over Capt. Jack...mmm...nice.
and last but not least, LOVE LOVE LOVE the layouts. Nice work and I aDORE the doodles!

Good luck with your tan! =)