Monday, June 12, 2006

Refreshed

That's how I feel after this weekend. It was so nice to have Absolutely Nothing To Do on Saturday!!! I thoroughly enjoyed my Saturday and did nothing but lay out in the pool all day. I have a lovely burn to prove it, but it'll all be good and tan soon. The boys look like little bronze babies. I can't believe how tan their backs are already. Their legs are totally white though.


Calvin & Denise came up this weekend. It was good to see them although we didn't get to spend a lot of time with them. It was good to see you guys - miss ya girl!!!!





I have to toot a little bit, I am pretty proud of myself. I did this LO in about an hour and a half. I managed to steal some pictures from Denise that she had shared with me on instant messenger. It was of her little puppy Josie. I thought it would be so much fun to scrap them since they were so cute. I totally lifted the LO from page 131 of the July 06 Scrapbook Etc., my first lift that actually looks good. LOL I was going to scrap it and mail it to her but I'm too much into instant gratification so I gave it to her Sunday at church. I'm still shocked that I was able to start and finish it in one night.

I already posted on Friday when I ran across Beth's Friday Blog Challenge on SJ. So I'll do it now. We were to tell about our nicknames, who game them, are they still used, do I like them, etc. So here goes:

Technically, the name I go by is my nickname ~ Becky ~ the natural s/o of Rebecca. As a teenager I never really liked Becky. I always felt like it was a hick-farm girls name which, of course, fit me to a "T" as I WAS a hick-farm girl. The truth hurts, I was always trying to be something I wasn't. Now I still don't like it but I deal. Next came Gucky - I was really young when my cousin gave me this one. He was even younger than me and couldn't say Becky. It evolved into Cupcake - don't even ask me how. I stayed this for a while until high school when I decided I wanted to be called Becca. This one didn't even get off the ground! Nobody called me that. Sadly I went back to Becky. Till Denise came around and, much to my mom's dismay, began calling me Reba. She's the only one who calls me this and for some strange reason Mom totally opposed it.

As for DH calling me stuff, weellll sometimes I'm White Chocolate, sometimes I'm Candy which came from a Dr. John song (this one usually causes a minor irritation since that was his old high school GF's name), and Beck but usually just boring ol Becky. I absolutely will not accept MOM from him though. I HATE, HATE, HATE that. Other names I've had are Becky Boo. My Dad used to call me this. He made up a poem about me. It started, "Becky Boo, eyes of blue." Now, my eyes are brown and I would always interrupt him and tell him this important piece of information. He would always laugh and act surprised. We played this little game every time. Gosh I miss him. I don't think he ever finished that poem. Once in a while Lisa will call me this and it always makes me think of my Dad. Then there's Eileen, my middle name. Jael and I have the same middle name and, to be difficult, Chelle insists on calling both of us by our middle name. Total confusion when we're together. So there's the story of my nicknames. Now weren't you glad Beth asked. LOL

I've been busy most of the day at work. It's been a joyous day here at work...co-worker is crabby and not talking. Makes for a fun day when there's only 2 of us.

I had to save this as a draft and add the picture of my LO tonight from home. I haven't taken it off my camera yet. Hmmmm, seems to be the story of my blog.

No comments: