Friday, September 08, 2006

Love Your Handwriting?

I was reading a MB and the Heidi Swapp book was getting mixed reviews. Some people it really really helped and others still were not "in love" with their handwriting.

As I was reading I was thinking that I'm OK with my handwriting when I'm jotting notes or doodling during church. Shocking I know, but I'm a total doodler (is that a word?). Anyway my problem is when I go to put in on a public item , like a LO, I clam up. I just can't do it. I'm afraid of messing up. It's a very valid concern though cause I've doodled on a total of, um, maybe 2 LO's and didn't like either one. In my defense though I must say that I have a new white pen now and I'm thinking they writing instrument could make a big difference. I do wanna try again. We'll see, but I'm just not a risk taker.

Let's see...we got the weekend here so this is what I've got to do:
  • I really need to find a weedeater. Our trim work is taking over our yard and is quite embarrassing. NEED to work on that. But Walmart didn't have any more. Guess I'll be going to Lowes. **
  • Need to clean out the pool and get it ready to put up.
  • Laundry is coming out the wah'zu so I gotta get that done.
  • Mike has a golf tourney tomorrow. So he'll be gone.
  • I am going shopping at Archivers this weekend and spending a minimum of $50.00 so I can get a free Daisy D paper pack. It's gorgous paper with some tags and flowers I think. Can't wait. I have no idea at this point what I'll buy but I'm definately spending a chunk of change. When I told Mike he didn't say NO so I guess all systems are go!! PAR-TAY!!!!!!
** On a side note, I told Mike the other day that one summer I would LOVE a landscaper to come in and do our yard that whole year. I want to know what would make it look better and get it in shape so I can keep it up. He thought that might be a good idea. I'll be looking into that for next year.

That's all I got for today. Have a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

~Denise said...

I have that Daisy D paper I LOVE IT! I did my clothes pin thing in it and a recent CJ in it.
You know me... same issues w/ the handwritting and...
we are doing major landscaping work this year too. The front just looks so dead, but I don't know what to grow in TX!

Jennifer Sizemore said...

That's a great idea for the landscaper! Wonder if my DH would go for that?

Have fun shopping!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

I don't doodle.

I hand journal on my layouts cause I think it is so important for the history side of things to see it.