Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My recent cards and other random stuff...

An Anniversary Card - Used Stampin Up stuff on it. I think it turned out pretty neat. Kind of busy, but that's my style...for now, at least.


A Birthday Card ~ I had bought some Rob & Bob file folders on clearance at Archivers and couldn't bear to part with them, so I traced one and made my own. Yes, I hoard stuff. ;-) I am totally loving the Heidi Swapp ghost flowers too.
The next one is a card I made for Chelle for her open house. I used an extra long piece of CS so I could fold it up and make a pocket for some gift certificates. This one has some Rob and Bob and Christina Cole paper. I love how it turned out ~ I felt sort of bad showing up at an open house and not taking something for her roomie, but I don't know her and I really only wanted to give to my cousin. So I gave my card to her in private. I guess the people that were there thought we were flakes cause Ididn't walk in with a present.
I have more to post but I'll save them for tomorrow, just in case I don't know what to post. I am really getting more comfortable with my messy style. I used to not want to show my friends cause they just don't "get" it. Course, this is why: The anniversary card didn't get anything but "thank you" without even a wow in the voice or anything. It really does look cool IRL, and she's a scrapper. Oh well, DH liked it and said so.
Now on to the stuff of today...
I absolutely HATE the weather right now. It is raining for like the third week in a row. Yes, I said WEEK. It has rained every day for what seems like weeks and weeks, and I don't think that is too much of an exaggeration cause it's been at least 2 if not 3. I am sooo ready for summer, I can't wait to go to Florida. Mike is supposed to play softball tonight, might be more like mud ball. YUCK, he will have to take the truck so he don't get the van dirty.
My co-worker is a crab today. OH JOY! Make for a fun day. Seems like she's mad at the world. She is talking to me -- but barely. Makes for a long 9 hours. I think she has a problem with the amount of work she has to do and the amount of work I have to do. The problem is, when she started working here she began taking over jobs that I was to do. Now she don't like it that she seems to to EVERYTHING. Well, excuse me, but she wants to look like she's all important, guess you could say she has a real high opinion of her worth. Sheesh. Here's one for ya: She hasn't taken a real vacation probably since here first year here. Now she says things to me like "what if I took my vacation like you did?", "what would you all do?", "who would write checks?", "good thing I'm not planning a vacation." Ok, get over yourself!!!!!!!! I taught her that dang computer and some of the check program too. She is forever asking how to do one thing or another - over and over again. Then she brags at how you only have to tell her once and she has it, blah, blah, blah. So, I say, Take your stupid vacation. I don't care. I can handle it. She acts like I'm totally incapable of doing anything here in the office. GRRRRR!!!!!!! Ok, that's off my chest now, maybe I can be ok for a while.
If you're still reading - if anyone is reading - thanks for hanging in there.

No comments: