Monday, May 15, 2006

Thoughts from the weekend

Monday's are so hard. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to work Tuesday - Friday, 10 hours a day. That would be sweet!!!! But I doubt the bosses would go for that idea.

I am truly about done with this weather. We've had about 2 weeks of nothing but rain, rain, rain. The past week has been cold too - down in the 40's and the highs barely reach the 60's. As I was walking in to work last week, it felt like October weather. It was cold and rainy and you could hear the wind blowing in the trees. It sent a winter chill down my spine. It feels like we had winter, spring, 3 days of summer, back to fall. YUCK!!! I really can't wait for summer. From what I understand it's supposed to hit about 90 by the end of the week. It's in the mid 50's today. Good Grief!

Mother's Day was kind of funny. I totally forgot to get my mom a card. Bad, bad daughter. So Sunday morning I wake Mike up and tell him we have to go to Walgreen's on the way to church so that I could get her a card. Come to find out, he had to get me one too. We had already talked about my gift. I told him I wanted to get him something for Father's Day but the whole family would benefit from it. A cool BBQ grill. He's fine with that but says, "Do you want to just get it in a combined Mother's Day/Father's Day thing?" I'm totally cool with that cause we're talking a couple hundred smackers. In the meantime though, he graciously decided to get me some Hershey's cookies which, when we got into the van, they all proceded to munch on on the way to church. Silly guys. It was a good day though. I totally love my kids. Saturday morning, Nick gave me a random hug and told me Happy Mother's Day. I don't get those hugs very often from him anymore and it was so sweet of him. The twins made me cards and gave me flowers in cool pots from both school and Sunday School. If it will ever stop raining, I'll plant them in my flower garden. If you could only see my flower garden - all weeds and one beautiful, blooming Clematis plant. Guess these 4 flowers will help.

**************************************

I accepted a RAK Girls Challenge to send a random card to a fellow Jazzer but I forgot to take a picture of it. I thought I would remember what I did. Terry was so sweet to post a picture for me on Scrapjazz so I could put it on my computer at home. I thought it was kind of funny when I saw it though. I knew I used the purple flower and the fishing lure thing, but I couldn't, for the life of me, remember how it all went together. So when I saw it, it was like looking at something new. I think it looked better IRL though.

This weekend was a whirlwind, but that's seems to be the story of my life. I was able to get some more rolodex cards done for the people that asked for them on SJ. I stayed up till 2:00 catching up on rolodex cards and my challenge scrapping - Tags this time. They turned out really neat and I didn't really want to send them out. I still have one for WendyPants, since I can't find her address, I may get to keep it. Just kidding. I'll probably send it out to someone else. I did take pics so I'll post them on here later. I keep forgetting to post pics though. Hopefully I'll remember tonight.

No comments: