Monday, May 22, 2006

My weekend

First off, I want to say thanks to my two commenting friends. Yea, someone is reading my blog, LOL, and Denise even copied me. True, she said she had nothing better to do, but a copy is still a copy.

I'm ssooooo very tired today. I want my weekend to last as long as possible so I stay up as late as I can, which was 2:00 both Friday and Saturday nights. I'm gonna pay today. I could hardly keep my eyes open on the Metro on the way to work.

We had a very busy weekend.
Friday night we went to Allyson's graduation party. As I was getting ready to go, I got to thinking that R&W had been living in their house for over a year and I had never been there since they moved in. They have had things/parties at their house, but I had not been to any of them. Just a random strange thought. Allyson likes frogs so I made her a cool card with a Basic Grey Color Me Silly frog tag. It turned out totally cool. I'll upload later, I haven't downloaded the pics to the 'puter yet.

Saturday was a golf tournament. This had been rescheduled from April, due to a rain-out. We lost a lot of teams because of prior committments so it wasn't as big as it was in April. We had 11 teams originally and it was cut in half. Turns out it was a good thing for the golf course, they had 2 huge tournaments that day, so they were swamped. At one point, they had about 100 golfers on the course. He said they could technically accommodate about 120 but it would really slow things down. It ended up misting rain a couple times but it didn't stop our guys. I figured they didn't need any more drinks (I was the water girl) since it had cooled off so I went to Archivers and spent a little cash.

Got some cool paper for some LO's I was working on. My main reason for going though was to get some Bazzill. I am sooo not a name brand paper snob. I like all kinds of stuff and I'll buy it if I like it, I don't care what the brand name is. Well, for some reason I had this thing against Bazzill, I guess I figured all plain cardstock was the same. Boy was I wrong. I got a few sheets in some of the kits I ordered from The Memory Safe and I've decided there's nothing quite like a good, solid piece of Bazzill CS. N-E-ways, I had to get some coordinating colors for some PP I had and ended up with a pile of it. Woo Hoo for me.

Sunday was church and we had our SFC kickoff. It went really well if you didn't know how the schedule was lined up. If you knew what was supposed to happen you would think it was a disaster (this was my opinion). But we totally wanted God to be in charge and our schedule was a tentative outline for Him and He chose not to follow it. So - the bottom line is it went good. Cause that's what God would say, "and God said it was good." ::firm nod::

In the middle of all this, mostly after 10:00 p.m., I did some scrapbooking. Got a couple Florida things done that I'm really liking. I haven't taken pictures of them yet, so I'll do that and then upload several things tomorrow.

I'll leave you with another of Mike's famous pictures...he calls this one "Half-Done."

Um, yea, well ok, anyway, looks all done to me.

That's all for now. Thanks for hanging out. ~Cya.

1 comment:

~Denise said...

I don't know if my computer is blocking it or not but the video never plays for me, on my laptop or my desktop. Does it work for you?