Sunday, May 28, 2006

Summer Jazz Journal

Yup, I said I wasn't going to get involved in another one of these for a while, but here I am, another circle journal. I chose Summer for the theme since I'm soooo glad it's finally here. I also thought it would be kind of easy to do since it's a season and sort of generic.

I finally got some time to work on it this weekend. I kept it really simple as far as the rules go, but I went a little crazy on the patterned paper. LOL. None of my pages match. It doesn't even look like one person did it all. But that's ok with me. I'm looking for it to be bright and cheery, unless someone don't care for Summer.

I thought it would be easier posting my pages here instead of on the boards - I am soooo gallery-posting-challenged. So here ya are...

First, here's the outside of my book:



SUMMER:
Since my sign-in is a little more complicated hopefully the rest of the CJ will be easy.

Please do at least 2 pages, but no more than 4, about SUMMER. It can be reality or a wish, a memory, your favorite or least favorite thing about summer, where you vacation or want to vacation, colors, smells, at the pool, the beach ~ anything to do with YOUR summer. Somewhere on your LO or sign-in I would like a picture of you. Don’t attach your pages, in any way, to someone else’s pages. Other than those few things, anything else goes.



SIGN-IN:
Alrighty girls, I don’t mean to be complicated here, but I wanted to try something new.
So my sign-in has 2 parts.

1) Decorate, fill and sign a library pocket. Include your real name, SJ name, the date, and where you’re from.

2) Then select 2 pieces of puzzle and alter them using the following color scheme: Golden harvest (yellow), black and red. Somewhere on the pieces write your SJ name. (You can do this on the back if you want, I just want to be able to tell whose piece I’m looking at.) You may do 2 pieces that would connect or 2 separate ones.

Rules for Altering: There are no rules!! Well, except one- Don't wrap anything around the pieces. Keep the sides clear so that the puzzle can be put back together. Other than that feel free to ink, paint, sand, paper, chalk, or even use crayons! Add whatever embellishments and bling you want (so long as you stay within in the color scheme); ribbon, flowers, metals, charms - you name it! Get creative and have fun! This is also a great way to use up some scraps!

When my puzzle returns home, I hope to assemble it and hang it on a wall in my scrapping space. I have painted one of the puzzle pieces with actual paint from my walls so you know exactly what my colors are. (I’ll re-alter this piece when it comes home.)

Portions of the above rules were copied from a thread at www.scraplove.com. There are some examples of puzzle pieces in their gallery and links to completed puzzles at 2P’s.
Here is the address for the thread: http://www.scraplove.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14404&highlight=circle






& then my layout. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Nancyroo said...

yay! I love it! I can't wait to get it and get started. guess i have to wait a few months!

Lori Petticrew said...

wow! thanks for the link. i will be looking forward to this!