Friday, May 05, 2006

What is Beauty?

The blog question for today is: What do I find beauty in that others may not see?

The first thing that came to my mind was Oil on pavement. A lot of people don't think of it as beauty since it's a stain on their driveway or on the road. If you look though, and I know you have, you can see a beautiful rainbow. Rainbows, no matter where they are, bring "GOD'S PROMISES" to my mind. I am very thankful for His promises to me.

Austen used to call the heat radiating from the pavement "____ water." (Wish I could remember. I left it blank so I could think about it though.) You can see it when driving along on a hot summer day with flat road stretching out in front of you. He enjoys looking for it and he thinks it's pretty.

Psalm 8
1 O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On another note, nobody likes to be told negative things - especially from someone who has a lot of negative attributes. So someone told me today that I can't sing. I believe I can and have been told by others that I can. This person told me today I have a church voice, not a disco voice. (Same person told me a few minutes before that I couldn't whistle either.) Ok, so I was singing in the office trying to be relatively quiet, but come on.... She kept trying to explain herself, but in my opinion just kept digging a bigger hole with her foot in her mouth. Then she would say "You know what I mean?" I finally told her "no, I don't." Cause at "my church we don't sing songs that you might hear in church, like the Ave Maria." It really hurt my feelings. Guess I'll just consider the source.

Ok vent off.

No comments: